Effective Date: 11/7/23
Who we are
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Information We Collect
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- Identity Data: Includes first name, last name, and date of birth.
- Contact Data: Includes billing address, delivery address, email address, and telephone numbers.
- Transaction Data: Includes details about donations and other transactions you have made on our website.
- Technical Data: Includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type, and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types, operating system, and platform.
- Usage Data: Includes information about how you use our website.
How We Collect Information
- Direct Interactions: You may provide us with your personal data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, or otherwise.
- Automated Technologies or Interactions: As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns.
How We Use Your Information
We use your personal information to:
- Provide our website and its contents to you.
- Process your donations and transactions.
- Communicate with you about our services and updates.
Disclosure of Your Information
We share your information with third parties to support our operations, such as payment processors for donations, or as legally required. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
Your Rights and Choices
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction or deletion.
- Object to processing and request restriction of processing.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Withdraw consent at any time.
Other Rights You Have Over Your Data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorized way.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded Content From Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who We Share Your Data With
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How Long We Retain Your Data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Where Your Data is Sent
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
For questions or comments about this policy and our privacy practices, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.